Your Passion will always have a connection to your life like an unrelenting string or rope. Sometimes it is only a sewing string barely hanging on & sometimes its an unbreakable chain. Most of us although are somewhere between a sewing string and perhaps a 1/4″ size rope. Our passion has been criticized, stomped on, forgotten, lost and sometimes just thrown out. Why does it always seem to hold on? Why does it always seem to prick our thoughts when we least expect it.
To be honest the most I am reminded of passions is when I meet someone that has achieved something I so desired to achieve at some point in my life.
*The first thoughts are reminders of the Happy Feelings I received in thought
*The next were the excuses & life circumstances that prevented me from achieving
*The last was the overwhelming depressed feeling of failure
Had any of these thoughts recently?
I have come to the understanding that Your Passions in Life are actually millions of seeds that were planted & ordained to grow. Matter of Fact these seeds were meant to Flourish! Picture an empty 100 acre track of land. Now consider your creator walking in a weaving path dropping seeds on this empty track. As time progressed some seeds sprouted, other grew & some never saw the light of day. Now think of the environment this land has seen.
Some days are sunny, some raining, some storms & come and wiped out everything. Some trampling has occurred. Perhaps you are imagining crowds running through your track colorful, beautiful flower garden. Some are imagining monster trucks having a heyday on all of your rose bushes & fruit trees. Some are literally imagining a tractor tilling up all the land & demolishing any evidence of life leaving only soft, dry, icky brown dirt.
As we talk about passion & love we can be reminded of our dreams. Some of you may have a harder time & some of you may recall instantly. In ALL cases these passions will always be a part of your creation. In every case above, the seeds could never become unplanted. They never are removed from you.
Allow yourself to revisit your Passions. Write them down. You can even take note on why you have that passion and what would come out of you pursuing that passion. Take captive of negative talk, do not allow yourself to believe those passions will not come to pass or that it is too late. If you have not started a Journal I encourage you to begin one now.
Write at the Top “My Passions are Unrelenting”
- What 3 Passions do I have.
- Compliment these with Goals that you have let lay dormant. Whether they match or not. Journaling may allow somethings come to the forefront of your mind that need expressing.
- Journal the images that your mind creates. “When I think about these passions I see…”
- If someone were to pursue these passions what character strengths would they need? For example “This would require someone to be Strong, Loving, Intuitive, Positive, Knowledgeable, Caring, Inspiring…”
- Then Create 3 “I statements”
- I am Loving
- I Inspire others around me
- I am a Strong Woman/Man
- You can end your journal entry with a promise to yourself or a prayer to God. Ask Him to stir these desires & help be your encourager everyday as you pursue your passions once again.
Your Passions are Unrelenting because you were Designed for Greatness -Heather